Are you intending to travel Africa with a rental car? Though a rental car can save you some good bucks, there are somethings that you should know. Here are some costly mistakes that you should avoid when renting a car in Africa.
- Buying extra insurance you don’t need. This is one of the costly mistakes people do when hiring cars, most of the companies provide insurance to clients so when you buy very many insurance you don’t need it may cost you a lot ending up spending a lot on car hire. If you have your own auto insurance policy, it may cover collision damage and personal liability for temporary use of a rental car. So before you book with a company check and see if it covers insurance policy this will help you to reduce on the cost that you may incurred.
- Renting from an airport. This very big mistake you should avoid and many travelers do it and end up in extra charges and it means airport surcharges. Many off companies like car rental Uganda.com provide the best car hire services with a reasonable price; we provide transportation to and from the airport at a very low price and it’s more convenient than booking at the airport.
- 3. Failure to do good research. When planning to hire a car its advised to do good research on several companies offering the same service to avoid a one and done approach. If you’re planning to drive long distances check for mileage caps some companies like us offers unlimited mileage so you are allowed to drive a car as much as you can without facing extra charges. When doing research also try to find out the fuel type, the kind of car you need. So without proper research you may hire a car which may not meet your expectations and hence incurring extra charges
- Prepaying for gas. Prepaying for gas may seem convenient but it means you’ll pay for a full tank of gas, even if you return with the tank half full. It’s better to fill up yourself since you can usually find cheaper gas prices at a nearby station anyway. Many companies don’t include gas on their rates, so if you’re going for a long drive its better you full the tank to avoid being get stuck on the way.
- Paying extra for GPS or a car seat. This is another mistake travelers do and hence end up into extra costs, some companies can charge extras for accessories like a GPS or child car seat. GPS can cost you an additional $10 per day or more this is too much yet some companies hire them on the total price of a car rental. If you have a portable GPS you could pack in your suitcase and use on your trip, remember to remove it from the rental car on your return to avoid loss.